Monday, March 8, 2010

Couldn't Find No Cream Cheese

i needed some creamy cream
Cheese for my wrap
To have myself
A yummy little snack.

But when i yanked open the fridgie door,
The sight before me was a scene of horror
Every corner and every nook
Was void of the substance that i sook.
Cream cheese! Oh, the bee's knees!
How i need you, can't resist you!
And here, in my be-tiled kitchen,
Alas. You are hidden.

Did my brother steal you to dress his bagel?
Why did that floury bread need your thread?
Did my mother take you to make some frosting?
The ooey, gooey, ooey ooziness so delighting.
Or is it?

Did she really need you for the heart-attacking spread?
Oh, cream cheese, i wish i were dead.
Without you, i have no wrap. i have no lunch
To soothe my soul, and wring out the wrinkles
In my skin. Oh, cream cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment