Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Playground

i get on the swing.
i'll swing a couple swings.
But just not enough.
i'll swing several swings.
Higher and higher.
No, still not enough.
The swings are larger, taller
And my feet tickle
Clouds gently
Rolling by.
i'll keep swinging until my long legs
Get tired and tired and tired from pumping.
i will rest, then start all over again.

The slide is slippery, i want to slide down it.
If you don't put your arms in the air
It's not as big of a thrill.
The weightless feeling
Of going up and over a lump
Then down a slope
Will surely make you feel like
Some modern superman.
So of course, just one more time.

Monkey bars are last. The ingenuity and skill
Required to master them takes the patience
Of a ninja. The sweat building up on my palms
Is making it hard for me to grip the bars,
I think i have gotten a couple of blisters.
On to the end! The ladder awaits me.
But before i resign to the ladder, i have to try
And go on top of the bars, on top of the world,
Lift my arms up and say, "Hey mom! Up here!"
No fears, no worry.
i have reached the ladder, and i climb down.

No comments:

Post a Comment